Garmin GPSMAP 5212
- Product Description
- Product Reviews
High tech throughout, even down to the touch of a screen, this network charplotter with preloaded maps comes from Garmins flagship lineup the GPSMAP 5000 series. Sleek and visually stunning, the GPSMAP 5212 features an unprecedented touch screen interface that makes navigation and redesigned marine network operation as easy as pointing your finger.
Enjoy a super-bright touch screen with simplified user interface
With no buttons to push, you can see and select the data you want on the 12.1andquot; diagonal VGA touch screen display. Interface is further simplified with fewer operational steps to navigate. The touch screen display complements a new slim-line design that gives all 5000 series units a flat panel look when flush mounted.
See detail-rich imagery like never before
The GPSMAP 5212 features worldwide satellite imagery and comes preloaded with BlueChartandreg; g2 maps of the coastal United States including Alaska, Hawaii and the Bahamas. The 5212 also offers the optional BlueChartandreg; g2 Vision SD data card, which provides high-resolution aerial reference photos for help navigating tricky harbors and channels or locating spots like area marinas, fuel stops or restaurants. The g2 Vision plug-in data card also allows the GPSMAP 5212 to graphically depict a true 3D mariners eye topside view or fish eye underwater navigation perspective.
Simplify navigation with Auto Guidance
Optional g2 Vision auto guidance technology will help simplify your navigation. Auto Guidance searches all the chart features to suggest the best-known charted route for navigation. It's like having a knowledgeable guide to local hazards and waterways always on deck.
Benefit from Marine Network Capabilities
The 5000 series has all of the same networking capabilities of other multifunction displays within the proprietary Garmin Marine Networkand#153;, a system that combines GPS, radar, sonar, XM WX Satellite Weather, and other data for unparalleled situational awareness.
Product Features and Specifications:
- Includes WAAS-enabled, 12 parallel channel GPS sensor with 30 ft. cable length
- Display: 5212 12.1-inch, 4096 color capable XGA sunlight readable touch screen display (1024 x 768 pixels) 1400 nits of brightness
- New streamlined user interface offers easy selection of functions and features
- Preloaded with worldwide satellite imagery and highly-detailed BlueChart g2 marine cartography of the coastal United States including Alaska, Hawaii and the Bahamas
- This data provides detailed coastlines, shaded depth contours, navaids, port plans, wrecks, restricted areas and tide and current information.
- Preloaded with Explorer charts covering the Bahamas
- View weather overlays such as NEXRAD weather radar and forecasts, current conditions, wind direction, wave direction, wave height, buoy data, lightning, county warnings and much more with the optional GDLandreg; 30 or GDL 30A
- Fresh new design that has a andquot;flat panelandquot; look when flush mounted
- Single SD memory card slot for BlueChart g2 Vision cards, as well as saving waypoints, routes and tracks to a SD card which can be shared with others
- Auto-dimming display
- Three built-in network ports for connection to a Garmin radar, GDL 30/30, GSD 22 sounder, or another MFD
- Compatible with all Garmin Marine Network peripherals
- Two video inputs for onboard cameras supports PAL and NTSC video signals
- 1 XGA (5212) PC monitor video output
- Four NMEA 0183 inputs and two NMEA0183 outputs supports both AIS and DSC
- Supports NMEA 2000
- Unit dimensions: GPSMAP 5212 13andquot;W x 9.5andquot;H x 4.7andquot;D
- Alarms for anchor drag, arrival, off-course, proximity waypoint, clock, low battery voltage and GPS accuracy
- Waterproof: IPX7 submersible
- Power down backup of settings: customer settings are not lost when the unit is turned off
Enable the full functionality of the GPSMAP 5000-series with the addition of a BlueChart g2 Vision SD cardBlueChart g2 Vision cards provide:
- High-resolution satellite imagery when overlaid on the chart, will provide the mariner with unparalleled situational awareness
- Aerial reference photography provides andquot;real worldandquot; photos of ports, harbors, marinas, waterways, navigation landmarks and other points of interest, offering the mariner another powerful tool for navigating unfamiliar waters
- Mariners Eye view
- Provides the mariner with a 3-D perspective of chart information for a quick, reliable and easy position fix.
- Fish Eye view 3D perspective below the water line for displaying bottom contours based on bathymetric charting data
- Auto guidance technology will search the attributes of all relevant charts to suggest the best course for navigation
- Fishing charts, tides, currents, marine services, coastal roads and points of interest detail