Leupold BX-2 Tactical 10x42mm Binoculars
The 10x42 BX-2 Tactical Binocular from Leupold combines weather-sealed construction and a Mil-L reticle to create a general purpose optic for hunters and nature enthusiasts alike. For the BX-2 Tactical series, Leupold employs a fully multicoated lens system to improve light transmission and enhance image contrast. Complementing the optics are phase-corrected BaK4 prisms that render lifelike colors and impressive sharpness across the field of view.
Leupold equips this configuration of the BX-2 Tactical series with a Mil-L reticle that has a two-axis "L" pattern with hash marks to help the observer estimate the range to or size of objects within view. A knurled ring on the left eyepiece allows the observer to rotate the Mil-L reticle, which will help the observer more accurately measure objects that are not parallel or perpendicular to the horizon. This Tactical series binocular also includes a zippered carrying case with MOLLE straps for easy attachment to a daypack and other gear.
Additionally, the BX-2 Tactical binocular has a nitrogen-filled housing that is built to perform in extreme humidity and heavy rainfall. When conditions turn wet or cold, several of the binocular's features will help the observer maintain their grip; including textured rubber armoring and a rubberized focus wheel. The BX-2 Tactical can also be focused down to ten feet, making this a well-rounded optic for close to mid-range observations and range estimation.
- Optical Performance
- 10x magnification, 42mm objectives
- Fully multicoated optics
- BaK4 prisms with phase-corrective prism coating
- 51 apparent viewing angle
- 10 ft close focus distance
- 16mm eye relief
- Use and Handling
- Mil-L reticle with adjustable orientation
- L-shaped reticle pattern with hash marks
- Twist-up rubber eyecups
- Slip-resistant center focus wheel
- Center wheel diopter adjustments
- Carrying case with MOLLE straps
- Construction Details
- Nitrogen-filled fogproof housing
- Slip-resistant rubber armoring
- Knurled reticle orientation adjustment ring
- Black finish with textured gripping surfaces
- 23 oz weight